Procedure for the consideration of articles:
1.The manuscript submitted by the author is received by the editorial office of the journal (see article submission instruction). The specialist of Scientific Publications Department (Editorial Department) - the journal manager - checks the manuscript for compliance with the technical requirements. Together with the manuscript, the author sends a cover letter to the editorial office of the journal (see the cover letter template) on the autonomous nature of the submitted manuscript, consent to check the article for plagiarism, inclusion in various databases and information systems, including full-text versions, in case of publication and granting exclusive rights to the publisher.
2.The anti-plagiarism policy of L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University. The Journal Manager checks the manuscript for originality through a licensed automatic plagiarism checker "Anti-Plagiarism.VUZ" (https://www.antiplagiat.ru/). Based on the results of the automatic plagiarism check, a full electronic report of the check is uploaded. (threshold percentage of article originality is 60%). Articles that do not receive a satisfactory result will not be accepted for further review. The journal manager will notify corresponding author/author.
The manuscript is checked for originality in the editorial office through the licensed automatic plagiarism checking system "Anti-Plagiarism.VUZ" (https://www.antiplagiat.ru/). Based on the results of the automatic plagiarism check of the manuscript, a full electronic report of the check is uploaded.
Terms for publication. All articles submitted to the editorial board of the journal "Bulletin of L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University. Series: "Political Sciences. Regional Studies Oriental Studies. Turkology" manuscripts of articles after checking the system of anti-plagiarism undergo mandatory anonymous review, the results of which the editorial board makes the final decision.
3.Next, the journal manager sends the article, which has passed the necessary level of originality, to the Editor-in-Chief (Deputy Editor-in-Chief). The Editor-in-Chief (responsible editor or Deputy Editor-in-Chief) reviews the article for compliance with the journal's subject matter. In case of non-compliance, the editorial office sends a letter to the author with a justification for the refusal to publish. On average, the initial review of an article takes 2 weeks.
4.Next, the Editor-in-Chief (the responsible editor for the subject area) identifies a reviewer, scholar, or specialist in the relevant subject area for each article that has passed the initial selection process.
5.The journal manager then sends the manuscript with the full plagiarism check report to the reviewer to assess the possibility of publishing the article in the journal.
6.The journal uses the procedure of double-blind review when the editorial office does not disclose the names of authors and reviewers. The reviewer provides the editorial office with a justified review of an article, including the relevance of the topic studied and the author's contribution to the scientific field, and the level of the results obtained. All reviews contain a recommendation to publish the article (with or without modifications) or to reject it. All reviews are submitted to the editorial office of the journal. The review received by the editorial office contains one recommendation for the publication of the article from three positions:
a) Recommended for publication after editorial revision.
b) The article can be considered for publication in the journal after making adjustments according to the reviewer's comments.
c) The article is recommended for rejection
7.In case a reviewer sends a review for modification, the journal manager sends a review of the article to the author with a note "finalize the article according to the reviewer's comments "with the consent of the Editor-in-Chief (responsible editor in the field). So that, the author should provide the edited version of the article in 2 weeks.
8. Then the edited version of the article is sent to the reviewer for reconsideration. This process is repeated until the final decision of the reviewer on the article is received. In the case of agreement with the reviewer's remarks, but a dishonest approach to their correction (after the third submission of the manuscript without complete elimination of remarks) the manuscript is rejected. In case of disagreement with the reviewer's comments, the author/authors send a letter with justification to the Editor-in-Chief of the journal. The Editor-in-Chief, having considered the appeal of the author/authors, makes a final decision regarding the article.
9. All reviews and the decision of the Editorial Board on the article are sent to the main author (or the Corresponding Author) indicated in the article's metadata when submitting the article. All materials on the article (final version of the article, reviews, plagiarism report and other documents, if any) are presented at the meeting of the Editorial Board. The decision on the possibility of publishing the article in the journal is made by the Editorial Board based on the reviews. Articles that have a negative review and have been rejected by the Editorial Board are not accepted for reconsideration. If there are controversial issues, the final decision on the articles is made by the Editor-in-Chief of the journal. The average percentage of rejected articles per year is 32 %. On average, the decision on publication is made within 8 months.
10. The publication is carried out on a first-come, first-served basis as soon as the material is ready. The Editorial Board has the right to form a queue according to the headings of forthcoming issues.
Guidelines for authors on submitting articles to the journal "Bulletin of L.N. Gumilev Eurasian National University. Political Science. Regional Studies. Oriental Studies. Turkology Series.
The editorial office asks authors to get acquainted with the rules (journal editorial policy containing general information about the journal, article review procedure, guidelines for authors, publication ethics) and follow them for the preparation of papers that are submitted to the journal. Deviation from the established rules delays the publication of the article.
1. The submission of an article to the editorial office constitutes the consent of the author(s) to the right of the Publisher, L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University, to publish the article in the journal and to republish it in any foreign language.
2. Word-files of the work are submitted to the editorial office (via the online article submission system). Authors must submit two versions of the manuscript. One of them should not contain information about the authors (full name, place of work, information about the authors), as anonymized text is required for double-blind reviewing. The author(s) also need to submit a cover letter (also attached in the system; cover letter template). The article files need to be titled with the first 4-5 words of the article title.
3. The article length should not exceed 16 pages (from 6 to 16 pages). The abstract, keywords, references, information about the author in Kazakh, Russian and English are not included in the calculation of the length of the article. Works exceeding the indicated length will be accepted for publication in exceptional cases by a special decision of the Editorial Board of the Journal.
4. The text of the article should begin with IRSTI (International Rubricator of Scientific and Technical Information; defined by the link http://grnti.ru/), then there should be stated the author(s) initials and surname, full name of the organisation, city, country, e-mail of the author(s),
title of the article, abstract, keywords.
The abstract should contain 200-300 words. It should not include cumbersome formulas, should not repeat the title of the article, should not contain references to the text of the work and references list. It should provide a summary of the article, reflecting its features and retaining the structure of the article.
Key words (no more than 7 words or phrases) should reflect the main content of the article; define the subject area of research; can be found in the text of the article. Each key word is separated by a semicolon.
Prospective authors of a journal should adhere to the following rules on the structure of the article, according to the titles:
If at least one of these requirements is not satisfied, the article will not be accepted for consideration.
5. Tables are to be included directly in the text of the paper, they should be numbered and accompanied by a reference to them in the text of the article. Figures, graphs should be presented in one of the standard formats: PS, PDF, TIFF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, PCX. Point drawings should be made with a resolution of 600 dpi. The drawings should clearly present all the details.
6. The reference should contain only those sources (numbered in citation order or in English alphabetical order) that are referenced in the text of the paper. References to unpublished works, the results of which are used in the proofs, are not acceptable.
Authors are recommended to exclude page references and follow the following template: chapter number, paragraph number. Otherwise, there may arise incorrect references when preparing the English version of the paper.
Examples of References (according to GOST 7.1-2003 "Bibliographic record. Bibliographic description. General Requirements and Rules"):
a) Соловьев А. И. Политические коммуникации / А.И. Соловьев. - Москва: Аспект Пресс, 2004. -332 с. – книга
b) Жармакина Ф.М. Казахстанский менталитет в условиях постмодернизации // Казахская цивилизация - 2005. -Т.54. - № 2. - С. 75-82- статья
c) Абикенова Ш. Этнополитические процессы современного Казахстана // Возможные сценарии развития и влияние на международные отношения: тезисы докладов Международной конференции. - Москва, Россия, 2015. - С.141-142. - труды конференции
d) Нуртазина Р. Казахстан между прошлым и будущим. – Нур-Султан: Каз.правда, 2017. 19 апреля. - С.7. - газетная статья
e) Кыров В.А., Михайличенко Г.Г. Современная история международных отношений // Cибирские известия - 2017. -Т.14. - С.657-672. doi: 10.17377/semi.2017.14.057. - URL: http://semr.polit.nsc.ru/v14/p657-672.pdf. (дата обращения: 08.01.2017). - электронный журнал
7. After the References it is necessary to indicate the bibliographic data (article title, fullname of the author(s), full name of the organisation, city, country, author(s) e-mail, article title, abstract, key words) in Russian and English (if the article is written in Kazakh), in Kazakh and English (if the article is written in Russian) and in Russian and Kazakh (if the article is written in English).
Then a combination of English and transliterated parts of the reference list is provided. The transliteration is provided using the online platform http://translit-online.ru/. This online platform does not transliterate specific letters of the Kazakh alphabet. Authors should make corrections here after transliteration of the Kazakh text, according to the following rules:
An example of a combination of English-language and transliterated parts of the references:
a)Solovyov A. I. Politicheskie-kommunikacii [Political communications] (Aspekt-press, Moscow, 2004, 332 p.). - the book
b) Zharmakina F.M. Kazahstanskij-mentalitet-v-usloviyah-postmodernizacii-kazahskayacivilizaciya [Kazakh mentality in the conditions of post-modernisation], Kazahskaya-civilizaciya [Kazakh Civilisation]. 2005. Vol. 54. № 2. P. 75-82. - Journal article
c)Abikenova Sh. Ehtnopoliticheskie processy sovremennogo kazahstana [Ethno-political processes in contemporary Kazakhstan], Vozmozhnye scenarii razvitiya i vliyanie na mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya tezisy dokladov mezhdunarodnoj konferencii [Possible Scenarios and Impact on International Relations: Abstracts of Papers from the International Conference], Moscow, Russia, 2015, P. 141-142. - Proceedings of the conferences
d)Nurtazina K. Kazahstan mezhdu proshlym i budushchim [Kazakhstan between the past and the future], Newspaper “Kaz. pravda”, 19 April 2017.P. 7. – newspaper article
e)Kyrov V.A., Mihajlichenko G.G. Sovremennaya istoriya mezhdunarodnyh otnoshenij [Contemporary history of international relations], Cibirskie izvestiya [Siberian News]. 2017. Vol. 14. P. 657-672. Available at: http://semr.math.nsc.ru/v14/p657-672.pdf. (Accessed: 08.01.2017). - Internet sources
If the source has an official translation and has been published in English, the official translation in English should be indicated in the combination of the English and transliterated parts of the references.
For example, the article:
Калыбекова Л.Г., Особенности проведения религиоведческой экспертизы в Республике Казахстан и Российской Федерации (сравнительный анализ) // Вестник Евразийского национального университета имени Л.Н. Гумилева. Серия: Исторические науки. Философия. Религиоведение-2018. - № 4. - С. 86-94.
has official translation: Kalybekova L.G. Particular features of conducting religious expertise in the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Russian Federation (comparative analysis), BULLETIN of the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University. Historical sciences. Philosophy. Religion Series. 2014. P. 86–94.
Then there is given information about each of the authors (full name, academic title, official address, phone number, e-mail - in Kazakh, Russian and English).
8.The editorial office address: 2 Satpayev St., Nur-Sultan city, 010008, Kazakhstan, L.N.Gumilyov Eurasian National University, academic-administrative building, office 402. Tel: (7172) 709-500 (ext. 31-432). E-mail: email@example.com. Website: bulpolit.enu.kz
9.Payment. Authors who have received an approval for publication should make payment according to the following requisites.
Payment for ENU employees - 4500 tenge (electronic version), 5500 tenge (electronic and paper versions), for external organizations - 5500 tenge (electronic version), 6500 tenge (electronic and paper versions).
НАО "Евразийский национальный университет им. Л.Н. Гумилева"
1) АО "Банк ЦентрКредит"
БИК Банка: KCJBKZKX
Кнп 859 – за статью
2) АО «Bank RBK»
БИК Банка: KINCKZKA
Кнп 859– за статью
Кнп 859– for articles
3) Payment for articles can be made through the Kaspi.kz app.
You should select payments, then select the education category and enter the name of the university. Then, in the FACULTY line, it is necessary to fill in "payment for the article in the Bulletin of ENU. Series __
(specify the series)"; in the COURSE line, indicate the number of the journal in which the article is to be published (for instance, "1(130)/2020" or, "1(130)/2020 or 2(131)/2020"); in the STUDENT'S NAME line, indicate the author(s)’ name; the STUDENT'S ID line should indicate the Payer's ID (cardholder's name through which the payment is made); the line PAYER'S NAME should indicate the cardholder's name through which the payment is made;